Hello and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s venture capital-focused podcast where we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
This is Equity Monday, our weekly kickoff that tracks the latest private market news, talks about the coming week, digs into some recent funding rounds, and mulls over a larger theme or narrative from the private markets. You can follow the show on Twitter here and myself here — and don’t forget to check out our latest main episode, which spent a good bit of time talking about OnlyFans.
The weekend was busy, as always, so there was a lot of chew over this morning. Here’s a partial list:
- SoftBank is going to put together a number of SPACs.
- Indian fintech Pine Labs has raised $75 million to $100 million at a valuation of around $2 billion
- RealPage is selling to private equity for $9.6 billion
- Zoom is under fresh scrutiny here in the US
- Bolt has raised $75 million more in a Series C1. We talk about why that’s fun, and its current competition.
- Group14 has raised a $17 million Series B that has us thinking about the future.
- And WorkWhile wants to help hourly workers and employers get along better.
Closing, here’s the Owen Thomas piece that I mentioned at the very end of the show.