Whether you were a kid who was star-struck by construction equipment or have a child who is, Diggerland is the place for you. That’s right, there is a theme park where instead of roller coasters and thrill rides, kids get to operate construction equipment.
Diggerland: A Construction Lover’s Dream Park
In West Berlin, New Jersey, kids are going crazy for construction. Though many kids enjoy playing with miniature backhoes, dump trucks, and excavators, here they get to play with the real thing. Created to be as realistic as possible, visitors to Diggerland have the opportunity to operate this machinery all on their own. (1)
With 25 different attractions over 21 acres of land to explore, there is much for children to do at Diggerland. The machines, of course, have been modified to fit their much smaller operators and are adjusted to be suitable and safe for every guest. (1)
Day passes are just $30 and a season’s pass only $50. This also gives you access to the parks’ military truck adventures and the rope course. (1)
Diggerland also offers birthday parties, adult activities and corporate party packages, and an annual family camp-out night. Visit their website for more information. (1)
Other Interesting Theme Parks in the U.S.
Diggerland isn’t the only slightly out-there theme park that the United States has to offer. Check out the list below to find the oddest theme-park near you:
- Action Land, Veron, NJ – named America’s Most Dangerous Theme Park
- Tweetsie Railroad Wild West Theme Park, Blowing Rock, N.C. – Train and wild west-themed fun.
- Gatorland, Orlando, FL – An ode to Florida’s scariest resident.
- Holy Land Experience, Orlando, FL – A Jerusalem and Bible-themed amusement park.
- Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, Spring Hill, FL – Think mermaids and synchronized swimming.
- Paul Bunyan Land, Brainerd, Minn – Essentially a pioneer village-type park.
- Fair Oaks Farm Dairy Adventure, Fair Oaks, Ind. – From milking cows to birthing them, this park speaks to the country-curious city slicker.
- Rockome Gardens, Arcola, Ill. – An Amish-themed park for a glimpse into a different way of life.
- San Francisco Dungeon, San Francisco, CA – For anyone curious as to what really went on in the past of SF’s most famous prison.
- Enchanted Forest, Turner, Ore. – A fairy-tale themed park that’s less Disneyland and more Brothers Grimm.
Would you check out any of these interesting and off-the-wall theme parks?
The post There’s A Theme Park That Allows Kids To Operate Construction Machinery appeared first on The Hearty Soul.