A woman had the shock of her life after returning home to find her sofa ripped to pieces.
Mum Vickie Shelton, 51, thought she’d been robbed but soon discovered the culprit was her two-year-old dog Bo.
The naughty pooch had destroyed her sofa while Vickie was at work, leaving fluff all over the room.
Vickie, 51, from Benton, Tennessee, USA, decided to keep Bo in the spare room while at work the next day, in order to avoid more damage.
But determined Bo chewed his way out of the wire crate and broke down the door.
Vickie, who works in HR, said: “We’d only had the couch for four months when it all happened.
“Bo sleeps on the couch a lot, that is definitely his domain. He loves it.
“I was at work, and I was getting alerts from my pet camera that something was happening, but I thought it was just Bo being Bo.
“Never in a million years did I think he was destroying my couch.
“I got home that afternoon and the dogs were greeting me at the door. I took a few steps inside and started seeing this white fluff everywhere.
“Once I got to the living room, that’s when I saw the couch. My first thought was that I had been robbed and vandalised.
“But then I saw the TV on the wall, and I thought, well why would they tear the couch up and leave the TV?
“Bo then sits down in the middle of the mess, wagging his tail. He was very happy with himself.
“That’s when it all clicked. I couldn’t believe it.
“It took over two hours to clean it all up, and there were six huge plastic bags full of fluff.”
The next morning, Vickie kept Bo in her son’s room in a crate while she was at work to help keep him out of the way.
But when she returned, he had chewed through the wire and broken down the door.
She said: “I put the crate in my son’s bedroom and closed the door.
“I turned on the TV with calming sounds, put on the fans, put his toys in with him. I thought he’s going to have a good day.
“When I came home from work, there he was at the door. I thought ‘oh no, this cannot be good’.
“There was a massive hole in my son’s door, and he had chewed his way through the crate.
“I panicked because I thought he had cut his mouth to pieces, so I took him to the vet. But he was totally fine.”
After visiting the vet, Bo was diagnosed with severe separation anxiety and has been put on a low dose of ‘puppy xanax’ to help keep him calm.
Thankfully the pooch is doing a lot better and went viral after Vickie shared photos of the damage on social media.
Vickie said: “The medicine seems to be working, I think it’s just what he needed. It is helping him stay calm and happy during the times when I’m not around.
“I posted the photos online to a group, not expecting much of it. Before I knew it, the post had blown up. People thought it was hilarious.”
The pooch was dumped in a cardboard box in a supermarket car park with his siblings as puppies but is now loving his life.
“Bo was four weeks old when I found him. He was dumped in a box with two of his siblings in the middle of a supermarket parking lot,” said Vickie
“Sadly, one of the puppies had already died. A young couple were parked next to me and said if we took the male they would take the female.
“Bo was an unexpected gift, but it was just meant to be. I couldn’t imagine life without him.
“He has definitely got his own unique personality and I wouldn’t trade him for the world.”