An inventive woman has delighted air fryer lovers after sharing how she uses hers to cook ‘hearty’ individual portions of the much-loved classic, toad in the hole
Air fryers have skyrocketed in popularity recently, with many people eager to enjoy the benefits of cooking with the appliances, which are often faster and cheaper to use than ovens. As such, chefs have been coming up with a number of brilliant and bizarre recipes for air fryer lovers to try out.
But one foodie may have just come up with the best idea yet, as she’s cooked individual portions of toad in the hole in her air fryer. Thankfully, for anyone hoping to enjoy the much-loved classic, she has also shared her recipe.
TikToker @kjs_tx regularly includes air fryer tips and food recommendations in her popular videos.
In one such clip, the foodie shares her recipe for “hearty individual air fryer toad in the hole.” The instructions are as follows:
- Sieve four tablespoons of plain flour in to a bowl
- Add a pinch of salt
- Add one beaten egg
- Add four tablespoons of cold milk and four tablespoons of cold water
- Mix to combine
- Let the mixture stand for 60 minutes at room temperature
- Take two Yorkshire pudding containers and add 1/2 teaspoon of fat to each
- Add the containers to the air fryer pan ready to pre-heat
- Add your sausages to the air fryer
- Air fry at 180C for 15 minutes turning every five minutes
- Remove the sausages from the air fryer pan
- Fill each Yorkshire pudding container until approximately half full, before returning them to the air fryer pan
- Cut your sausages in half, before adding them to the batter
- Air fry at 200C for 10-15 minutes
The woman then serves the toad in the holes with her dinner, in this instance plating up the two she was able to cook in her air fryer with sweetcorn, tender stem broccoli, mashed potatoes, and red onion gravy.
In response, viewers were quick to praise the “awesome” recipe, though some had reservations about the portion size.
One fan wrote: “Omg this is amazing.” A second thought: “This looks lush.” And another wrote: “This is genius!”
But someone else joked: “Great starter what’s for main??”
Fortunately, there might be a simple solution. When a different commenter asked: “What happens if you’ve got a family of four,” the foodie replied: “I would imagine you would have a larger air fryer to accomate (sic) a larger family, and would quadruple the Yorkie mix and sausages!”